136,361 datasets were downloaded for analysis in 2011.
705 students completed DHS's elearning course in 2011.
In 2012, the MEASURE DHS Fellows program trained 13 university lecturers and professors from 5 African universities. From 2010-2011, 27 university faculty members from 23 universities were trained as MEASURE DHS Fellows.
The DHS curriculum has been taught and distributed in 8 countries - Ethiopia, Tanzania, Namibia, Malawi, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
Free Web tools
- Free final survey reports, analyses, survey methodology, and quick access to data.
- Download DHS datasets for use in statistics courses, individual analysis, and theses.
- The NEW STATcompiler allows the user to make customized data tables, charts, and maps with data from 90 countries and thousands of indicators.
Free Course Materials
- Our 5 day DHS curriculum can be used in pieces to highlight sampling techniques, the survey process, and use of DHS data for decisionmaking. We can provide PowerPoint slides, a script, handouts, and reading assignments.
- DHS elearning course is a great introduction to global health. Register for free for USAID's Global Health Learning courses. Find "Demographic and Health Surveys: Data Use" course, and spend 2 hours learning the basics of the DHS project.
Visit our employment page to see current opportunities. Experience using DHS is an asset in any global health job!
Keep in touch!
Follow us to get the latest updates, data from new countries, job postings, and fun extras.